COVID-19 Advisory18 March 2020
As the situation continues to grow, we are making it a priority to keep our employees as well as our customers safe. If you are feeling unwell, please do not visit our employees. Please do not enter if you have recently travelled outside of Canada. We want to assure our customers that we are keeping our storefront and counter areas clean. We ask that you consider social distancing (2 meters) while in our stores and warehouses.
We are committed to providing you with quality service and support throughout this situation, for as long as the law permits us to. At this time, we don’t anticipate any disruption in our normal gas delivery service or consumable orders. Thank you for your understanding.Read our Full Policy
Helpful Practices and Tips
When not in use, flammable gases should not be stored directly beside oxygen with a fire Wall or 6m separation.
Inside of buildings, cylinders shall be stored in a well-protected and ventilated dry location, at least 20 feet (6 m) from combustible materials.
Cylinder cages can prevent theft and untrained personnel from handling the product. They also:
- Provide proper ventilation of gases
- Are lockable, heavy duty and are available in various sizes for construction sites and yards
Cylinder Racks secure cylinders and should have 2 safety chains, nylon straps, or ratchet straps (Best Choice). They:
- Can be wall mounted for additional safety.
- Are available in various sizes and configurations
Use Cylinder Carts for ground transport
- Make Sure Proper Signage is clearly displayed
- Signs should be visible prior to entering area as well with PPE
Cylinders caps should be used when cylinder is not in use.
- Protects valves
- Ask us about ALTOP, Smart Top and Valve Protection options they're ready to use, Quick On/Off, Fully protected valve and regulating device
Always use the proper PPE
Always refer to Suppliers S.D.S. (Safety Data Sheets) for information.